Contract Spiritual Care Coordinator
Yaletown House Society is seeking an energetic, self-aware and committed Spiritual Care Coordinator to work 16 hours per week over a 48 week contract.
Yaletown House is a non profit care facility for seniors with complex care needs and is located in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia. We provide QUALITY health care and services to 127 residents in a safe, supportive and home like environment. As well, we have been in the forefront in providing Spiritual Care Services to seniors for 30 years.
Learn more about us visit www.yaletown.org
Reporting to the Director of Resident Services, the Spiritual Care Coordinator will be responsible for the overall leadership of providing non-denominational spiritual care to residents and their families by helping them to use their own spiritual, religious, and cultural resources to find strength. Expertise in gerontology and spiritual care best practices are essential in order to support our residents and families physical, emotional, intellectual, spiritual and social needs.
The Spiritual Care Program at Yaletown House is strongly supported by the Yaletown House Foundation and the Ministry’s Gaming Policy and Enforcement Branch.
- Developing/administering spiritual and palliative care programs that embrace a holistic and person-centered approach.
- Provides spiritual care assessment and addresses the spiritual care needs as identified.
- Participates and works closely with an interdisciplinary team.
- Provides leadership to volunteers that support the program in a respectful workplace environment.
- Establishes connections with community organizations that can help support the resident’s spiritual care needs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of evidence based spiritual care theory and practice within a client centered focus of care.
- Knowledge of and ability to work with varied spiritual expressions, religious backgrounds, cultures and their associated traditions.
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships in a respectful workplace environment.
- Proficient in computers and electronic health records.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A master’s degree in theology, or equivalent. Must have completed at least 3 units of the Clinical Pastoral Education from the Canadian Association of Spiritual Care (CASC) and attained a first Advanced Level.
- Current Membership with the CASC.
- A minimum of three (3) years recent work experience with seniors, preferably in a residential health care setting.
How to ApplyJoin us for a rewarding career in a positive environment. Submit resumes to Wanda Murphy, Director Resident Services, Yaletown House, 1099 Cambie Street, Vancouver, BC, V6B 5A8, fax 604.662.7954 or email@example.com Applications are requested as soon as possible. Yaletown House thanks all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
256 total views, 1 today